History of the School Site

The seven and a half acre site on which the school stands was bought for £1,900 and a sum of £6,000 was set aside for the buildings.

You are here :

The School Site and its Buildings

The buildings originally consisted of the Hall, and School House which was built as the Headmaster’s House, and to house the boys who boarded at the school. There were boarders for about the first thirty years of the schools’ existence, with the maximum being 27 in 1894.

Stage one was completed between Autumn 1890 and January 1892, but there was not enough money to connect the two buildings, and the “Cloister” was built in 1899 and paid for by Sir William Marling and his brother. They also provided money for the Gallery at the back of the Hall, which was reached by an iron spiral staircase.

The total cost of building and equipping the school was estimated, in 1905, to be approximately £14,000.

 
 

Marling School Sixth Form

 

Year 7 Camp 2013

 

Order or Download the School Prospectus

 

Meet the Head

 

Parent Information

Click here for useful information for parents.

Marling Results

 

Read the latest edition of The Clarion

 

Letters Home to Parents

 

'Outstanding' Ofsted Report

 

INK Online Student Magazine

 
 
Marling
calendar

Today's events:

            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          

October 2017 next


contact

Main Office:
01453 762251
6th Form Office:
01453 760156