Sports Round Up Summer 2019
• U12 team - County finalists losing out to Sir Thomas Riches School
• U14 team - County semi-finalists
Ben French (Year 9) was selected for the Gloucestershire County U14 cricket team.
Dan Collins (Year 11) was selected for the Gloucestershire County U17 cricket squad & also helped warm up the England World Cup squad.
Rhys Cogbill (Year 10) was selected for the North Wiltshire U15 cricket team.
At the County ATHLETICS Championships at Cheltenham, the following boys were selected to represent the Stroud District at the County Championships:
Junior Boys (Years 8 & 9)
Archie Powis Javelin did not attend
Senior Boys (Years 12 & 13)
Noah Lambert 1500m came 1st to become County Champion.
Ben McIntyre 1500m came 2nd in the same race, by 8 seconds & won the Javelin to become County Champion
Dave Bendle 800m came 2nd.
Henry Sheffield ran the third fastest UK U13 1 mile of all time last week, clocking 4:59.1.
• Jamie Berry Year 9 represented Gloucestershire County U15s at South West clubs Championships.
• Dan Berry Year 8 represented Gloucestershire County U14s.
• Marling entered the Gloucestershire County Schools Golf Tournament with a team made up of Jamie Berry, Dan Berry & Danny Townsend. They did very well and placed 3rd behind Hartpury Golf Academy’s A & B teams.
• Jamie Berry (9) was selected to represent Gloucestershire U14’s in the South West golf tournament as a result of his performance he has been selected for the Gloucestershire U18 squad for their SW championships.
Sahan Weerasekara (10G) has played tennis for Wiltshire U16s.
Vrishin Guduru (8E) Gloucestershire County age group squad.
• Charlie HUGHES (8E) has had a remarkable season which culminated in him being crowned National Champion in Double Min Trampoline (DMT) and National silver medallist in Trampolining.